Cypress mulch is a tree that is natural and durable. These trees stay in one place even in rough conditions. They can only leave their place when they start to decompose. The interesting fact is that when it decomposes it leaves nutrients for the soil. But many people say and research also claims that these trees have some disadvantages. Today we will talk about this tree in detail. So without wasting much time let’s jump into details.
What is Cypress Mulch?
These are important trees and many people add them to their landscapes. But some people say that these trees aren’t beneficial. These are very cheap and leave a harmful effect on our environment.
Importance of cypress trees:
Bald cypress and pond cypress tree words are sources of cypress mulch. These trees have a very long life span and they live for thousands of years. These are adaptive to a wide range of soil. These are found in Georgia, Florida,Mississippi and Carolinas.
In the wild these trees have a very great role. They are effective in managing pollutants from stormwater and also in trapping when they grow in wetlands. Different animals use these muscles such as frogs and salamanders use bald cypress as breeding grounds.
Benefits and disadvantages of cypress mulch:
You can use this tree in building products that can also give effective results for your landscape. Let’s look at them.
- These look so pretty and add a pleasing look to your landscape. People use them in their gardens to enhance the beauty of their lawns.
- These trees have a very soothing and fresh fragrance.
- Cypress mulch has naturally fungus pest resistance properties..
- They have a natural tendency to suppress weeds.
- When these trees decompose they leave nutrients for soil.
- These trees have a very long life and they stay the same throughout their life.
- Cypress trees can reduce moisture.
Where these trees have various important properties they also lack some important things. For your information let me discuss them for you.
- Cypress mulch is great in appearance but dyed pine mulches are more pretty than them.
- These are similar to hardwood mulches.
- These are highly acidic and can leave a harmful effect on other plants that can’t survive in such soils.
- In heavy rainfalls these are likely to wash out in nearby areas.
Cypress trees today
The International Union for Conservation of nature has listed these trees as a species of minor concern. They lead to a swampy environment and their growth is very minimal and slow. That’s why these are not very common. Back in the days when the cypress tree was in demand these mulches were made from sawmill waste wood. But now the mulched demand has increased twice now. People are not allowed to harvest these trees anymore because they want to save them for the next generation.
Gaston mulch and soil:
At gaston mulch and soil you can get the cypress mulch that is available in most sustainable form.
In today’s article we have talked about Cypress Mulch that is organic and long lasting. As you guys know everything has two sides, positive and negative. Same is the case with these trees. I have shared the important details above. I hope you like this article.
Read also: LECA Full Guide, Uses and Benefits